The game uses a 48-card deck with aces through nines (the standard spades, hearts, clubs and diamonds) and 12 cards specially marked with the word “Bonus” (four of each "king", "queen", and "jack" cards). All 10’s shall be removed from each deck. The game shall be played with a minimum of four decks (totaling 192 cards) to a maximum of eight decks (totaling 384 cards).
- A King, Queen, or Jack Bonus card and an ace, on the initial deal, is the best possible hand. It is known as a “Pure Spanish 21.5” and pays 6 to 5.
- A King, Queen, or Jack Bonus card dealt with any other card is worth 10 and is added to the other card(s) point total.
- An ace has a value of either 1 or 11.
- All cards from 2-9 have their face value.
- King, Queen, or Jack Bonus cards have a value of 10 unless dealt with an Ace on the initial deal, and then they have a value of 10.5.